Why Do You need Online Backup?
Whether it’s personal data such as family photos, or corporate data such as your business’ accounting records, online backup services are often seen as a way to protect your data. The majority of individuals and businesses these days rely upon technology for just about everything in their day-to-day operations. Rarely do they stop to think about what would happen to their data if something happened to their hardware if one of the following things were to happen:
- Technological disasters occur all the time, floods, fires and tornadoes rip apart homes and offices and leave no discernible trace of technology behind.
- Thieves can break into homes and office buildings and steal laptops, personal computers, hard drives and servers.
- Disgruntled ex-employees can open and alter or destroy files.
- Viruses can completely wipe out every trace of data you have.
- Hardware failure can wipe out your data in an instant never to be seen again.
- Super Storm Sandy wreaked havoc on many businesses in New York and New Jersey as data that was not backed up literally floated away.
Online backup services are designed as a way for you to store your data without having to worry about what happens if your hardware is lost or destroyed.